• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Washed Out Pics After Editing (1 Viewer)

dtpavlik

Bugger
Hey Guys,

I am having trouble with my pictures ever since I began shooting in RAW (the past few weeks). When I look at my pictures in Lightroom and Photoshop they look fine. When I try to put them as my desktop background or put them on my website, they appear very washed out. The colors are diluted.

My process for processing pictures has been:
-Open and edit RAW/NEF files in Lightroom 3
-Right click on the image in Lightroom and click Edit In Photoshop CS5
-Edit the image in PS to the way I like it, then save as "name" as JPG.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
David

Hi Dave,
I sometimes have this issue I always shoot in Raw, do my initial pping in Canon's RAW editing suite and then onto CS3, my shots do tend to look better in RAW also.The clarity looks better amongst other things. I have brought this matter up before on this forum and basically I was given the impression that it was my pping skills that were not quite on the mark. Im sorry I can't offer any practical advice, but just a line to let you know I have the same issue and will be following this post to see if anyone can help.
Good luck.
Adam

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back