• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bienvenue 'chez Nick' (1 Viewer)

No, no photos, didn't even have the camera on me, or the scope! shame, as he sat out quite nicely for a while three times, would have been a good photo for someone who has taken photos of a little stint that could pass for a stone curlew!

with my apologies, my photography shall be considered art today! :t:B :)

Attachments

• rusticbuntingtwitch 010rust.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 010rust.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 72
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 004.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 73
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 008rust.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 008rust.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 69
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 014rust.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 014rust.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 77
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 013rust.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 013rust.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 79
with my apologies, my photography shall be considered art today! :t:B :)

Indeed it is art I love Reed Buntings :-O :-O :-O :-O Good find chap its got to get accepted now any more peeps come down for a look :t: Ps I know why God gave you the gift with art, poop with a camera

Last edited:
Indeed it is art I love Reed Buntings :-O :-O :-O :-O Good find chap its got to get accepted now any more peeps come down for a look :t: Ps I know why God gave you the gift with art, poop with a camera

you may laugh, but this morning whilst looking for this bird, I managed to add reed bunting to my site list too! My excitement at adding another species to my work list did worry a few of the expectant birders, I think they thought I didn't know how to identify a rustic!:-O

well, the rustic bunting performed beautifully the day after I found him and was a lifer for virtually all of his visitors, I had no idea just how rare this is for France, only about the 30th record, so I'm chuffed to bits. Sadly, his admirers were disappointed today, he seems to have gone.

Attachments

• rusticbuntingtwitch 021.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 021.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 74
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 022.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 022.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 76
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 023.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 023.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 55
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 024.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 024.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 59
  • rusticbuntingtwitch 025.jpg
    rusticbuntingtwitch 025.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 68
well, the rustic bunting performed beautifully the day after I found him and was a lifer for virtually all of his visitors, I had no idea just how rare this is for France, only about the 30th record, so I'm chuffed to bits. Sadly, his admirers were disappointed today, he seems to have gone.

Cracking sketches of a cracker youth. Surely the Derry mind has full paintings in various mediums to accompany a Mega find ( can I book a water colour off you) ;)

Ugh . . I look at these and can barely bring myself to compare them to my meandering scrawls of the RB from a few years ago. Utterly wonderful - just . . . . .

There's a real rustic feel to this latest batch of field sketches...

Cracking find, super bird, lucky you!

Can't wait to see the resulting paintings...

I just have to mention how much I liked the sketch of crows (ravens?) upthread in with the capercaillies. I love the capture of movement in the interaction between the birds.

Always setting a new standard for field sketching, not to mention finished works, Nick. Just when I think I'm getting better at field sketching I see how there are football fields full of improvement in front of me.

What are you doing wasting time on those fantastic field sketches when clearly your photography needs improving....top stuff!!

cheers, Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back