• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

W/Express Zeiss 65 offer (1 Viewer)

;) ;) ;)

Welcome to the fold, Hornet - wondered if you'd managed to get onto the deal...

Nice shots too - and as you say, they'll get better - I'm at that point myself, and it's a nice feeling.

Gives the lie to the idea that you must have an 80+mm scope to digiscope well, doesn't it?

As to the case: the Skua case is very nice, but £89's a bit steep: get in touch with Focal Point, and you'll get it for £60.

Like I did..!

http://www.birdcallonline.com/shop2/Default.aspx?CategoryID=98&ItemID=150

Last edited:
blythkeith said:
;) ;) ;)

Welcome to the fold, Hornet - wondered if you'd managed to get onto the deal...

Nice shots too - and as you say, they'll get better - I'm at that point myself, and it's a nice feeling.

Gives the lie to the idea that you must have an 80+mm scope to digiscope well, doesn't it?

As to the case: the Skua case is very nice, but £89's a bit steep: get in touch with Focal Point, and you'll get it for £60.

Like I did..!

http://www.birdcallonline.com/shop2/Default.aspx?CategoryID=98&ItemID=150

Keith, that is a welcome post indeed. With all the digiscoping gear, the wallet is starting to feel the pain, so I need all the savings I can find. Thank you for the tip off.

Just one final question though - is it any good?!

The case?

It's excellent - very snug fit (actually quite a struggle to fit initially) and bomb-proof.

It's a bit stiff at first (especially the flap covering the focussing wheels), but it soon loosens up.

I feel much happier for having it.

blythkeith said:
The case?

It's excellent - very snug fit (actually quite a struggle to fit initially) and bomb-proof.

It's a bit stiff at first (especially the flap covering the focussing wheels), but it soon loosens up.

I feel much happier for having it.

That's a good enough recommendation for me - you've not sold me short so far!

Great scope, great case, great little camera - now all I need is to find the time to get back up to your neck of the woods and use it all somewhere really special. I was there for the first time ever this summer and it was TRULY magical - nowhere on earth I'd rather have been.

What with you and Scampo waxing so lyrical about my patch, I think I'll have to organise a Zeiss Owner's Club Spring Break to Northumberland!

;)

Can't speak for Scampo, but I'd be there like a shot. The two days I had there as part of an east coast tour in June / July was nowhere near enough.

I went on the classic Farne Islands trip (and what a trip), but my all-too-brief trip to Holy Island suggested that there alone would be worth a few days of anyone's time.

If you ever fancy sharing your local knowledge with a normally landlocked birder, just shout.

hornet said:
... now all I need is to find the time to get back up to your neck of the woods and use it all somewhere really special. I was there for the first time ever this summer and it was TRULY magical - nowhere on earth I'd rather have been.
You, too? I think we need to keep quiet about it or it'll be ruined by there being too many folk there!

;-)

Bit late for that, I'm afraid!

My mate Alan G went for a look at the Squacco not long after it first dropped in, and he swears that of the 20 or so people watching the bird when he was there, his was the only Geordie accent!

;)

Come now - share and share alike.

You share your miles of beautiful coastline, islands, seabird colonies and beaches with me, and I'll share my local reservoir with you.

Can't say fairer than that now, can I?

hornet said:
Come now - share and share alike.

You share your miles of beautiful coastline, islands, seabird colonies and beaches with me, and I'll share my local reservoir with you.

Can't say fairer than that now, can I?
Is there a squacco heron in your reservoir, though..?

When we were there last year, we were amazed how infrequently we heard a Geordie accent, and as I teach accents and dialects, I was a bit disappointed. It's my wife, Wendy's, favourite accent - we both remember James Bolam in "When the Boat Comes in". Ah - happy times.

scampo said:
Is there a squacco heron in your reservoir, though..?

Not that I know of. I'll be there at first light Saturday - if you can wait 'til 4pm ish I'll let you know for sure.

Wouldn't hold your breath mind.

Actually, in case anyone local rumbles where I might be talking about, I'm doing Draycote Water a massive dis-service. It's a first class spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back