• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Isabelline Wheatear - Ain al-Fayda, Abu Dhabi, UAE December 2018 (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers

I have identified the bird on the picture as a Asian Desert Warbler. We drive in the desert and the bird land in front of us. A branch cover the head so only one usable picture even though of poor quality.

But I don´t feel good with my identity and now I have changed the identity to a Isabelline Wheatear. I´m I right to have changed the identity?

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1562.jpg
    1562.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 60
You're right to change it to a Wheatear species, though which one will require some suggestions.
Unfortunately doesn't immediately strike me as an Isabelline.

Last edited:
You're right to change it to a Wheatear species, though which one will require some suggestions.
Unfortunately doesn't immediately strike me as an Isabelline.

It's a female Desert Wheatear. For one thing the legs are too dainty for Isabelline.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back