• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One days in Cuc Phuong forest (Vietnam) - Pitta,Pitta and Pitta :) (1 Viewer)

nhattanla

Love Wildlife
Hello, I'm Tan. I'm a new member.
I'm a birder from VietNam.

I was visit CucPhuong forest and so feel lucky :t:
I was waitting him&her about 7 hours :king:

Blue-rumped pitta male and female

Attachments

• 33259051755_8aef44f245_c.jpg
    33259051755_8aef44f245_c.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 72
  • 32876070640_afcaac3c7a_c.jpg
    32876070640_afcaac3c7a_c.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 75
Great shots, a tough bird to see!

The only one I've ever seen was at Cuc Phuong on the grid trail.

A

Last edited:
Welcome to Birdforum. Great to have someone on here who's local patch is Cuc Phuong. I have great memories of staying at the lodge near the botanical garden there, and at Bong Substation, and the walk between the two places with our heavy packs! I really hope I can visit again one day.

Welcome to Birdforum. Great to have someone on here who's local patch is Cuc Phuong. I have great memories of staying at the lodge near the botanical garden there, and at Bong Substation, and the walk between the two places with our heavy packs! I really hope I can visit again one day.

Me too Larry, fond memories of scrutinising phylloscs at eye level in a tree outside the lodge and misty mornings looking for Thrushes on the road.

I also remember the great and plentiful, cheap food in the restaurant there.

One outstanding memory is of Sam Woods who was with me at the time, having to extract a leech from his 'nads'.........:eek!:

A

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back