• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to Watch Birds in Southern and Western Spain - new edition? (1 Viewer)

3Italianbirders

Supporter
Italy
Hello all.
We are planning a 2-3 weeks tour of Southern France and Spain (Pyrenees, northern steppes and Extremadura) in June, and I was going to buy both the "where to watch birds" for Spain. The book covering the north and east has apparently been recently updated but the one about the south and the west dates back to 2008. Does anyone know if an updated edition is planned anytime (very) soon - i.e. within the next month or so?

Thanks a lot!

Further to the above I have one more question: rather than the wo books above, would it be better to buy Gosney's guides for Northern Spain and Extremadura?

Further to the above I have one more question: rather than the wo books above, would it be better to buy Gosney's guides for Northern Spain and Extremadura?

I don't think you can ever have too much info and would probably get both!

Re the first question about new editions, it may be better to try and contact the author directly but if an imminent update were being planned, I'm sure we'd be aware by now.

A

WTW Southern and Western Spain. As the author I can say that the 4th edition is scheduled for later this year. It won't be out by June I'm afraid although the revised ms is nearing completion. The 2008 3rd edition still 'works' but I have added several new sites to the 4th edition and have revised all the existing texts extensively, giving more access details particularly and updating (and simplifying) the bird lists.

I just wanted you and Andy to know how very thorough and, by implication detailed, your site guides are and that they have enabled my brother. sister-in -law and myself to get a real feel for what is out there in Spain.

Best wishes for any revisions of these great guides.

Ron Seymour

I wish I'd known about the update, I bought this book, literally a week ago and would have waited for the new edition!

A

Thanks for the good wishes. Andy and I are delighted that since the first edition in 1994 the book has fulfilled its task, to make the region better known and so support local conservation efforts.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back