• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2015 List Going? (1 Viewer)

From the Steinhorster Becken today:

49 Common Starling
50 Dunnock
51 European Green Woodpecker
52 Eurasian Nuthatch
53 Grey Wagtail
54 Common Pheasant
55 Black Woodpecker
56 Goosander

Another few on the list:

34. Moorhen
35. Tufted Duck
36. Redwing
37. Coal Tit

Also saw a thrush but it was too far away to tell if it was mistle or song thrush. Looks like I'll need to start birding in different places as I've probably spotted all the easy accessible birds.

A little parrot expedición in Pasadena. Sure the ABA may not count all of 'em, but research of breeding records seems viable - certainly no less than, say, Spotted Doves or White-winged Parakeets. (http://www.californiaparrotproject.org/parrot_pages.html):
129. Band-tailed Pigeon
130. Red-crowned Parrot
131. Red-lored Parrot (lifer)
132. Yellow-headed Parrot (lifer)

133. Rose-ringed Parakeet
134. Lilac-crowned Parrot (lifer)

Last edited:
Off to a slow start this year but the reality is that Brussels doesn't have that many birds to spot. So looking forward to seeing more on my work/holiday trips this year.

Brussels
37. Eurasian Jay
38. Eurasian Wren (New Lifer)

World life list: 395 (Eurasian Wren, Brussels, Belgium; January 2015)
Belgium life list: 73 (Eurasian Wren, Brussels, Belgium; January 2015)
2015 year list: 38 (Eurasian Wren, Brussels, Belgium; January 2015)

Dry weather yesterday helped me add a few:
107 Canada Goose
108 White-throated Sparrow
109 Field Sparrow
110 Northern Pintal
111 Brewer's Blackbird
112 House Finch (on our feeders).

Jeff

Taking advantage of some beautiful Los Angeles off-days before domestic AND international travel this week ;D

135. Red-naped Sapsucker
136. Western Bluebird
137. California Thrasher
138. Turkey Vulture
139. American White Pelican
140. Greater Yellowlegs
141. American Pipit
142. Brown-headed Cowbird
143. Mute Swan
144. Ross's Goose

Tuesday 27th January

Short newspaper shift today *6am - 9am* so took the opportunity to get out afterwards fort a few hours just in case the weathermen got it right and we ended up snowed in ;)

Started off at Budle Bay and worked my way down via Stag Rocks, Seahouses, Beadnell and seeing the sunset at Low Newton :t:
Highlights were 1000+ Barnacle Geese at Budle Bay which made up for Stag Rocks being SO quiet!!! Just nice to be out in the fresh air after a grotty week at work and I'm looking forward to being off for a week from this Sunday :t:

I had hoped to reach 100 by the end of January but it looks like that may be pushing things :smoke: But looking at previous years in which it's been around April before I hot the magic three figures I'm doing pretty well so far :t: I'm happy with the way things are going so far this year.

65: Knot
66: Bar-tailed Godwit
67: Grey Plover
68: Brent Goose
69: Barnacle Goose
70: Common Scoter
71: Red-throated Diver
72: Long-tailed Duck
73: Shag
74: Coot
75: Sparrowhawk

Going after my second lifer for the year tomorrow, well since it after midnight today, it is an elusive Purple Heron. Finger cross.

I managed to snatch a few moments to myself today and added :-

White-breasted Waterhen
Grey-headed Buzzard
Black-winged Stilt
Temmincks Stint
Pin-tailed Snipe
Ryukyu Green Pigeon
Japanese Boobook
Bull-headed Shrike
Japanese Crow
Japanese Bush Warbler
Ryukyu Robin
Daurian Redstart

They take me up to 314 for the year.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back