• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

China observations (1 Viewer)

Dear fellow birders in the PRC..

I am living in Nanchang, Jiangxi since August.

If anyone wants to fly to Nanchang to do Poyang Hu please get in touch.

Thanks
Michael Grunwell

Hi Michael & welcome !

3 of us (John Hopkins & Mark 'McMadd' both of who you may see posting in the China forum), 'did' Poyang Hu last January. I may 'do' Poyang again this year but Wu Yuan for the Scalies is more likely. I'll certainly be in touch if I do either. In the meantime I look forward to your updates.

Maybe start your own thread on Nanchang/Poyang Hu ? So it doesn't get lost in the general threads.

Cheers
Kevin

Now then Michael. You came in under the radar this time. How are things with you? Should be plenty of birds for you. An area that I've not been to.

Look forward to your posts.

Cheers

Frank

Thank you all for your comments.

I have taken your advice and started a new thread for Nanchang and Poyang Hu sightings under China. I will post all my sightings in Jiangxi province on that thread in future.

Will be in Nanchang until at least July 2015 so hope to get a lot of birding done.

Best regards

2 BP(1m1f) are still in Yancheng NR. 3 NG in Dongtai on 14 Nov but none today while there were 112 DPelican!
Near sunset a Siberian Accentor in Rudong.

"Double" Weekend

Just like dozen photographers who were there in Xiao Yangshan today, i was also very keen to twitch the "Japanese Robin" but unfortunately the bird which was seen last week is not there this morning. After a brief search at our regular joints @ Yangshan n Nanhui car park, we headed to the sea wall guided by our new acquaintance, Xiao Chen in search of a Red-necked Phalarope which we didn't find but what we found was a lonely "Oriental Stork" in flight. High 5's everywhr and when we turned to the sea side, there were more reason for flying high 5's. About 31 Whooper Swans(Need experts opinion, plz. Hard to ID from this ugly photo) were finding their solace in the low tide along with a huge flock of Grey herons. For some reason, all the herons took off which revealed one more Oriental Stork. Our Kickass team pulled out some other interesting birds too. 8-P

Eurasian Spoonbill - 25
Saunder's Gull - 100
Atleast thousands of water fowl (Ducks & Geese)

Detailed report will be posted by Frogfish in his Shanghai Perambulations thread.

Attachments

• Swan,Whooper_001.jpg
    Swan,Whooper_001.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Stork,Oriental_001.jpg
    Stork,Oriental_001.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Did our regular pelagic trip in Lianyungang on 22 Feb.No Yellow-billed Loon seen,although Black-throated is still common.
On 21 one Redpoll was seen in a flock of Siskin.
On 23 one Slaty-backed Gull within many other gulls.Saunders's are getting into nice br plumage.Only a few Oystercatchers.Of the 4000+ wintering popultion(Lianyungang+Rudong),most of them are still in Rudong I think.

Dev and I were in Rudong yesterday .. we saw a grand total of 9 waders, 8 in flight and 1 Green Sandpiper. Nada, Rien, Niets, Nichts, Nothing else at all on the wading front.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back