• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Update on Bushnell 8x42 Legend Ultra HD focus (1 Viewer)

Alexis Powell

Natural history enthusiast
United States
This is a follow-up on the unit I purchased for a friend in December 2011 and described in this review: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=2319854#post2319854

Well, after 6 years of regular use, it has now broken. The problem? The focus now decouples a little at its limits, so the left and right side have slipped relative to one another. The diopter cannot be adjusted enough to compensate. In the near future, I'll be pursuing warranty repair/replacement with Bushnell. Too bad such good optics are coupled to poor quality gearing.

--AP

Alexis:

That is too bad. See if you can get them to replace it with the Legend M series.

I think you would really like it.

Jerry

Mr. Powell,

I enjoyed the review, Are these related to the Legend M that everyone bought recently from the ...y for $160.00.

Well I bought the Legend M 8X42 (actually two) because of the optics, one has a central focus with a bit of play, the other is great - and yes I the optics are the best part of the glass. Too bad, Bushnell would have sold much more at a higher price if they could use a better lube for cold and get a Nikon focus, with better quality eyecups.
For the money probably the best bargain in 2017. Now we know that the focus wheel can last 6 years.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back