• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do Bushnell Legend M 10x42's compare to the 8x42's? (1 Viewer)

justabirdwatcher

Since buying my wife a pair of what I call the "plastic fantastic" of binoculars - the Bushnell Legend M 8x42's, I have had the chance to compare them to quite a number of much more expensive binoculars.

Those Legend M 8x42's just keep knocking aside one contender after another. Just this afternoon, my wife declared her Legend M 8x42's the easy winner over a pair of Meopta Meopro 8x42's that I was just sure would suit her better. NOPE!

After looking at just the image quality alone, I couldn't disagree. She was right, her Bushnells were sharper and brighter.

So now I want to know, has anyone tried the 10x42 Legend M's?

I know the Allbinos rankings are often biased but they rate them pretty highly. I'm tempted to buy a pair. If the sharpness is equal to the 8x42's, I would be plenty happy just carrying those. I swear my wife's 8x42's have one of the most crisp, relaxed view I've ever enjoyed.

The optical quality of the 10x42s is great. I'd say it is comparable to the 8x42s although I haven't tried to do a detailed comparison.

My only complaint about the 10x42s is that they have less eye relief than the 8x42s. The 8x42s have enough for my glasses but the 10x42s don't quite have enough.

The optical quality of the 10x42s is great. I'd say it is comparable to the 8x42s although I haven't tried to do a detailed comparison.

My only complaint about the 10x42s is that they have less eye relief than the 8x42s. The 8x42s have enough for my glasses but the 10x42s don't quite have enough.

Thanks Binoboy. That's what I was hoping to hear. the 8x42's have one of the easiest, sharpest views I've ever seen. If the 10's are anywhere close, they would be a steal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back