• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great week on Isle Of Mull (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Had such a fantastic week on Mull saw lots of great birds including Hooded Crow, Whinchat & Oystercatchers. But the biggest was getting up close to Puffins on Lunga whilst doing the Staffa boat trip. I got fantastic view of a seabird colony which was full of Guiliemots, the sound was fantastic. On the way back on the boat we saw a Sea Eagle on its nest, we also saw Bottlenose Dolphins. The rest of the week visited Isle Of Iona and spotted a Corncrake on a wall before it disappeared into the next field. I also saw a Golden Eagle whilst in the car and on the day before I left I saw some guys with telescopes they were looking for a Otter there I scanned through my Binoculars and spotted it, it was fishing and feeding on a fish I managed to watch it for maybe 5 minutes before it disappeared so I can say on this trip I saw The Top 5 wildlife encounters everyone comes to Mull hoping to see 1) The Corncrake 2) The Puffin 3) The Golden Eagle 4) The Sea Eagle 5) The Otter a great holiday.

Last edited:
A superb trip. Was there a couple of years ago - didn't see Corncrake or Puffins (wrong time of year), but did see WTE, GE and otter. Still remember the excitement! Glad you got to see such a wide variety and enjoyed your time there.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back