• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bangkok, May 2019 (1 Viewer)

Cormac

I will have two days in Bangkok in May.
Are there any parks or ponds that are easily reached to be recommended for local birding.

Baan Poo has coast line, manfroves and fresh water lakes.

Attachments

• DSC_8252 klein.jpg
    DSC_8252 klein.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_8251 klein.jpg
    DSC_8251 klein.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_8226 klein.jpg
    DSC_8226 klein.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_8180 klein.jpg
    DSC_8180 klein.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_8162 klein.jpg
    DSC_8162 klein.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 17
Bang Pu is great, and I try to get there a couple of times a month. Even in May you should get 40+species in a morning, more if early May, but I do agree a scope, while not necessary, comes in handy.

If I'm free, I'd be more than happy to join you for a morning/afternoon at Bang Pu.

-Ben.

I will have two days in Bangkok in May.
Are there any parks or ponds that are easily reached to be recommended for local birding.

Can definitely recommend Suan Rot Fai as mentioned above. April is best for migration, May is getting late though there may be the odd lingering migrant? Go THROUGH Chatuchak Park from the Skytrain station - not much to see in its more open environment - bare DIAGONALLY RIGHT for a few hundred yards and exit the gates at the far side, cross the road and you'll find SRF. You'll recognise Chatuchak Park by its pedalos shaped to look like Swans.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back