• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strutting Redshank (1 Viewer)

puffinboy

Lovely visit to Rye Harbour on Wednesday - absolutely brimming with wildlife including Cuckoo, Cetti's Warbler, Whimbrel, Bar Tailed Godwit, Terns (Sandwich, Little & Common), Whinchat and Brown Hare!

Also getting better at my binoscoping camera technique! (Canon A40 and 10x50 Old Zeiss)

I spent a lovely 30 minutes at one hide watching birds display to each other - Sandwich Terns feeding fish (aahh!) and a most energetic Redshank displaying to his mate (attached)

I also have a video of this performance - but is over 3Mb (zipped) is this possible to upload this size of file?

Ta Tom

Attachments

• Redshank.JPG
    Redshank.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 128
Sounds like a good day.

I am sure I recognise that patch of shingle ;). The redshank were doing much the same thing when we were there a couple of weeks ago.

Glad to hear the little terns are back.

To attach your video I suggest you put it in a zip file.

Boy, nice image with your binoscoping. That must take some fancy hand work. :clap:

One thing I wish they had here in USA is Hides/Blinds, very few from what I've found. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back