• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help!!Burnt out pixels!! (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Has anyone else had what I think is burnt out pixels on their camera.On the images I noticed spot,when it was a blue sky.The camera in question is a Canon300D.It was suggested by a dealer(not the one I purchased the camera from) that it could be a "burnt out pixel".I took a couple of test shots today,on the grey sky,it was a small black spot,not very small,and then there were three more faded ones ,in other areas.On the blue sky,( the sun came out again) and it was a deep blue spot,,again with 3 more faded ones.Has anyone else had this problem.The camera is only about 2 mths old.
I thought I would ask to see how anyone else solved this problem before I phone the dealer tommorrow.Someone said that one just edited them out in Photoshop,but that is not the point.They spoil a landscape scene,which consists of lots of sky.They do not show up when it is a varied background.
I have to go off line now ,but will return shortly.I just do not want to be ripped off by the dealer,or told that one just has to put up with the problem.
Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated,
Thankyou.

Its probaly only dust on the sensor exactly the same thing happened with my 300d.Clean the sensor with canned air and everything should be fine

Have checked out the threads you both mentioned,and please what is the sensor?.Is it the mirror inside the camera?.But the threads say not to touch it,so how can I rectify the problem?.Cannot understand the info from the 1st thread,sorry ,Malgos,it seems to be peoples comments re the spot on the image,but no info as to how one can resolve the problem.If one cannot use a blower brush,I have one coming in the post on Wednesday,does it mean that it is something which cannot be rectified?.

Re,my question yesterday,and thankyou for your replies,I thought I would just show the spots on the images.The 1st one with the chaffinch was taken on Sat,and the grey one was taken as a test yesterday.When I phoned the dealer again today,he said he thought it was burnt out pixels which showed up as black marks.The second pic shows the deterioration,or enlargement of the spot.

anway,it was suggested I send the camera to a firm called H.Lehmann Ltd,at Stoke on Trent,which I have done today.Has anyone else comes across these sort of marks on a photo.They are only visible on a clear background.

Attachments

• 100-400mm chicks 070.jpg-e.jpg
    100-400mm chicks 070.jpg-e.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 169
  • test for pixel 002.jpg-e.jpg
    test for pixel 002.jpg-e.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 201
Thanks,Brian,will have to wait and see.Could it be because of the lens I was using?.If it is only dust,hopefully the company will clean the sensor for me,but how do I prevent it happening again.I have only had the camera since Feb,and I am really careful to always screw the protective caps on etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back