• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7d mkII (1 Viewer)

Tim Taylor

work in progress
Latest on Canon Rumours on 2/4/2014:

We’re told to finally expect some significant camera announcements from Canon in May. There will be a couple of PowerShot’s announced, most notably the SX60 IS and its 100x zoom, as well as a DSLR. The assumption on the DSLR is that it will be the follow-up to the EOS 7D.

Let's hope something actually happens this time!

I'd love to have a 1.6 crop body with low light performance as good as my 1D4 and improved AF performance. Don't really give a monkeys about the MP count.

I'd love to have a 1.6 crop body with low light performance as good as my 1D4 and improved AF performance. Don't really give a monkeys about the MP count.

It strikes me that Canon bring out a full frame camera, followed a few months later by a crop body incorporating many of the full frame camera's updates (sometimes with a few advances as well).The 7D has been around a while now and the low light performance is bound to be considerably improved on the next model, just as the 5D3 is much better than the 5D2 - at least that's my reading of it. I would like a full frame, but if the 7D2 has the improvements you hope for it would do for me. Mind you I'd better start saving: I "need" a few lenses first.

If and when the 7D2 arrives I would bet the starting price will be at least £2k and probably more although it will fall in price after the early adopters have had their fill (BTW the original 7D was priced at £1700 to begin with).

It certainly seems the way of these things Roy. I'll be interested to see if they can make a decent 7D replacement without feeling they need to get loads more pixels under the hood and add every feature known to mankind.

I'll be interested to see if they can make a decent 7D replacement without feeling they need to get loads more pixels under the hood and add every feature known to mankind.
Yep, better high ISO noise performance and a more consistent AF would be my top priorities Tim.

Better low ISO performance would be a start!
With the high pixel density on the small sensor of the 7D extra care was needed - it is understandable that a lot of folk could not get the best out of the sensor but with it bit of practice you could get there ;)
'A Good Craftsman Never Blames His Tools' springs to mind lol

Last edited:
With the high pixel density on the small sensor of the 7D extra care was needed - it is understandable that a lot of folk could not get the best out of the sensor but with it bit of practice you could get there ;)
'A Good Craftsman Never Blames His Tools' springs to mind lol

I remember we both had a bit of a learning curve when were new to the 7D. :eek!:

I just hope the 7D2 has a low MP count! A good 8Mp image will be far better than a mediocre 24MP image that is struggling with less than perfect light!

I think a lot of folk are holding their breath for this one so I hope they won't be disappointed. What ever is produced it's not going to undermine sales of the 1DX so it's not going to compete with that, more likely a rival to the 5D3. I just hope it's all about the potential for capturing pictures and not wifi capabilities !

I think a lot of folk are holding their breath for this one so I hope they won't be disappointed. What ever is produced it's not going to undermine sales of the 1DX so it's not going to compete with that, more likely a rival to the 5D3. I just hope it's all about the potential for capturing pictures and not wifi capabilities !

+1

I agree with pixels..for me 12 is fine..what id like to see is a dial lock..the amount of would be great shots ive taken..only to realise too late that its slipped into manual!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back