• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More from the Fuji F50fd (1 Viewer)

Neil

The Fuji doesn't have most of the features I like in a digiscoping camera (eg. rotatable screen, RAW,Electronic Viewfinder, electronic remote, customised settings ) but it takes good photos as do many of the 3x zoom digicams currently available.
Here are a few images from today.
Neil

Fuji F50fd plus Swarovski STS80HD scope and sw 30x eyepiece and homemade adapter.

Hong Kong,
China.
January 2008

Attachments

• bw stilt.adj DSCF0219.jpg
    bw stilt.adj DSCF0219.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 213
  • northern shoveler.fem.feed.adj DSCF0235.jpg
    northern shoveler.fem.feed.adj DSCF0235.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 169
  • common teal.male DSCF0189.jpg
    common teal.male DSCF0189.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 189
Impressive shots, Neil. Despite your initial comments on this model it seems you have got to grips with it well. looking forward to seeing more results in the future.

I received a F30 for Christmas. Just waiting for the wet and windy weather to pass so I can get out and give it a proper trial.

Very impressive images as ever, Neil, although I can see slight vertical striping on the left hand side of the two shots with blue backgrounds. Any idea what's causing that or is my eyes or monitor?

Ron

Very impressive images as ever, Neil, although I can see slight vertical striping on the left hand side of the two shots with blue backgrounds. Any idea what's causing that or is my eyes or monitor?

Ron

I can't see it NSC ... mind you that might be my eyes/monitor:-O:-O

Cracking shots Neil ... I wish we had your light at the moment rather than the sleet we've got at the moment!:smoke:

I can't see it NSC ... mind you that might be my eyes/monitor:-O:-O

I'm looking at them on my home computer now rather than my work one and they look fine – no banding at all. That's strange. Different monitor, different resolution, different browser?

Anyway the photos look really good now. That's another option to be added to the list of possible digiscoping cameras. I still don't know how Neil manages to take such fantastic digiscoped photos.

Ron

I did have a bit of trouble setting up the F50fd so that the lens was centered as I'm using the homemade adapter for the deceased F31fd. It's not a perfect fit and I had to "jiggle" it. This could explain the slight darkening of the blue on bottom right in the middle image.
This is a link to the 7 day forecast for Hong Kong weather
http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm
I ignore forecasts as I want to go out anyway. I also ignore the weather around my home as I don't photograph there but about 45 mins away so the weather can be different. The advantage of the Fuji F30/31fd is that it is a great low light camera. You'll also find less people around and some birds (eg herons,egrets,ducks and bitterns) will let you get closer in the rain. The attached photo was taken in very poor light so I used the iso 1600 of the Fuji F31fd (Noiseware was used ) and was happy to get this image.
Half the skill is being there.
Neil.

Attachments

• bt godwits.line.iso1600.nware DSCF3796.jpg
    bt godwits.line.iso1600.nware DSCF3796.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 197
Neil, I love your pictures. So do I go for the Fuji F50fd or Nikon P5100?
Having experimented with them both which of the two which do you reckon has the edge?
Regards Kim

Neil, I love your pictures. So do I go for the Fuji F50fd or Nikon P5100?
Having experimented with them both which of the two which do you reckon has the edge?
Regards Kim

I would still go for the P5100. A few more manual controls, it remembers your settings , very sharp Macro Mode and it has a screw thread for an adapter. Also being a little bigger the buttons are easier to use in a hurry.
Neil.

I would still go for the P5100. A few more manual controls, it remembers your settings , very sharp Macro Mode and it has a screw thread for an adapter. Also being a little bigger the buttons are easier to use in a hurry.
Neil.

Thanks Neil
Regards Kim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back