• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
I've just spent a very pleasurable few minutes checking the latest Competition Photos.

However, many of the pix are so huge that they are bigger than my screen.

Is there a way that I can reduce them so I can see the full photo all at once?

What resolution are you running your screen at? You need to run at least 1600x1200 to see all the comp photos.

Right click on your desktop and then choose"Properties". Look at that the "Settings" tab and then increase the "screen area" if possible.

However, I thought all photos in the Comp were supposed to be (about) 640x480 to ensure that we were comparing like with like.

Hi Birdman,

Two larger entries had managed to get submitted, by accident I suspect, but they have all been resized now. 640x480 is a reasonable size and with a 100 kb limit they shouldn't take too long to download, though with 25 entries per page it may feel like it's taking for ever. The idea being to try to get as a many as possible on one page for easier viewing / comparision. This is the first time we've tried this out. If it's causing anyone a problem then please let us know and we can ammend the number of entries per page similar to the Latest Pictures Gallery.

If you're still having problems with 640x480 sizes then you may have to do as Andrew suggests and adjust your screen resolution. I use a 15" monitor at 1024x768 and they look just fine.

Thanks guyz,

There was no problem downloading the images, just that when they're more than a screen big, you can't give them a good overview.

I'll have another look before the end of the comp to see if they are smaller - failing that I'll change the screen res.

Muchas gracias amigos

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back