• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Savannah (1 Viewer)

I've just joined BirdForum. I live in Savannah, Georgia in the Southeastern United States, and have lived in my house for almost 2 years. We started with one bird feeder... then we had 3 bird feeders.... Now we have 4 in the front yard (not counting the seed cake feeders on the tree -- 2 of those) and 11 or 12 in our small back yard. :eek!:

We have cardinals all year round, and mourning doves, brown thrashers (the state bird of Georgia), mocking birds, purple finches, red wing blackbirds come through in the spring and fall, and there are hordes of others that I'm not sure I recognize. Which is why I'm here -- hoping to learn who they are!

Hi Marion,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

Hi there Marion and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach.

We have an excellent I.D. sub-forum here so if you are lucky enough to be able to get a pic of some of your mystery birds, I can guarantee you a pretty quick answer ;)

Welcome

Hello Marion o:)
Welcome to BF .. it sounds like you live in a great place .. how wonderful to have all those lovely species visit your garden o:D

By the way do you have a basic bird book to covering your area ? ..

When I was in the States I couldn't get over the variety of bird books available and how cheap they were .. so that would be a start .. I'm sure someone from BF can recommend a suitable field guide which covers your area ..

As for those difficult species .. well you can use a top down approach .. first try to guess the possible family(s) which it may belong to .. and work your way down to species level ..

Of course you can always check out the bird ID forums here to clarify the sticky details or grey areas where they may exist ;)

Happy birding and hope you have a great time here 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back