• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

To introduce myself (1 Viewer)

Denise

I have just found this brilliant web site and would like to introduce myself as a new member.
I can't remember a time in my life when I did not have a passion for all creatures, great and small and about 5 years ago I started out in photography.
Attracting a wide variety of birds into my garden has become a costly but worthwhile affair and I'm sure that other forum members will agree that it's simply wonderful when your garden is visited by a wild bird that you have never seen before.
It's amazing how a passion can overcome natural fears. I would never have believed that a person such as myself with a dreadful fear of heights could climb up a mountainside in Scotland to photograph Puffins.
Anyway, hello to all of you and I look forward to being a part of this great site. ;)

Welcome - this is a great place to be and everyone is very friendly. Look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Denise

Hello yourself. And welcome to this brilliant site ( as you said yourself ). Please post your pictures and the stories of how you got them!. Some here are expersts with a broad knowledge of all things wild!. Others like me are just starting birding. Everyone without exception is helpful and friendly.
Enjoy

Warning. This site could take over your life!.

Alan

Hi Denise and welcome, I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here and plenty of info on anything to do with birding.

Welcome to this magic melting pot of people from all walks of life with a common interest and I am sure that you will enrichen the pot further.

Gosh, climbing mountains to see Puffins!

Hello Denise,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I'm glad that you like the site. We have a great bunch of very friendly members only too willing to help out and share their experiences. We have wide ranging discussion forums on every aspect of bird watching and a couple of world class galleries. A gallery of world species, all submitted by memebrs is currently under construction. The site is constantly evolving with new features being added. A Bird Forum shop should be up and running soon.

Hopefully you will find plenty of things to interest you. If you have any queries then either post a question on the Members Noticeboard where everyone may benefit from the query or contact one of the Moderators.

Above all, enjoy the site.

Wow. Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I feel at home already and look forward to future communications. :t:

Hi Denise! Welcome from New Jersey, USA. Climbing rocks to see Puffins! Good for you, I'm jealous! ;o)
Now let's see pictures.
Warning!!!! This site is addictive. Enjoy!
bob

Hi Denise,

Welcome to Bird Forum, you will find this a very friendly site and there is so much for you to see, we all look forward to your reports and photographs i would love to see those Puffin shots you have.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back