• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird nectar question. (1 Viewer)

keithdog

I know the proper mix. This question evolves around whether or not the choice of water makes a difference. Up till now, I have been using city tap water. I get very few hummers for the past few years despite having tons of flowers around the house. Many of which are supposedly attractive to hummers. Maybe it's the water? This last batch I made, I made from bottled distilled water. I will see it that makes a difference. Anyone else use any bottled water instead of tap water?

I just use plain tap water with no problems. I remember reading something about using bottled water not being good for hummingbirds. I'll have to do a search and see if I can find it.

I have always used just plain tap water, and had a lot of visitors when I lived in my house.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back