• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My nesting blue tits acting weird? (1 Viewer)

Chilt

Hey guys, so this is the second year running I’ve had blue tits nesting.. acting different to last year..

So, first off they were building the nest inside, bringing all the leaves, twigs, etc..

Then usually you’ll only see one going in and out while the mom sits of the eggs correct? But I’ve seen both come out but mainly just one still and looks like he was bringing some good for the mother.. but yesterday it looked like the one was taking food out the nest which I found strange.. but they both seem to come out, still.. one of them goes out more than the other but I hear no chicks nothing..

So I’m just wondering what’s going on? Have the eggs hatched but the chicks have died or haven’t they hatched at all and the blue tits still think there going to hatch or what.. It’s just confused me a bit, the one still seems to be working hard bless him! I gather it’s the Male.

Thanks for any help
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back