Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special ‚Äď Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Rose Breasted Grosbeaks,Carrollton

Old Tuesday 24th April 2018, 22:00   #1
TFM70

Rose Breasted Grosbeaks,Carrollton

I have had 6 RBG at my feeder (4males,2 females) in Carrollton for about a week. Most I have ever seen.
Old Friday 4th May 2018, 01:54   #2
ALewis70
ALewis70

That is awesome! Iím in Linden AL and this year we had more than we ever had too! I always look forward to them coming! I had 3 males and 2 females (one was partially leucistic). They stayed for about 10 days, they all left 2 days ago, except for one of the females. Iím baffled by this. Have you ever heard of one staying behind? Iím hoping that nothing has happened to her mate/male that was always on or around the feeder with her and she is staying here waiting on him. Just curious if this was normal or not as Iíve never noticed one staying before.
Old Friday 4th May 2018, 22:09   #3
TFM70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALewis70 View Post
That is awesome! Iím in Linden AL and this year we had more than we ever had too! I always look forward to them coming! I had 3 males and 2 females (one was partially leucistic). They stayed for about 10 days, they all left 2 days ago, except for one of the females. Iím baffled by this. Have you ever heard of one staying behind? Iím hoping that nothing has happened to her mate/male that was always on or around the feeder with her and she is staying here waiting on him. Just curious if this was normal or not as Iíve never noticed one staying before.
Ours left about the same time, except I believe the males left first. I saw two females yesterday, no males.
Old Saturday 5th May 2018, 14:57   #4
ALewis70
ALewis70

Thank you for replying! I’m glad to hear that, I was worried. She is still around, I saw her at the feeder a few minutes ago.
Old Thursday 18th October 2018, 20:17   #5
TFM70

Today, I had a pair of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks stop by my feeder, apparently heading South.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: