• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Citril Finch near Feldberg (1 Viewer)

Surrey_Ed

I am hoping to see Citril Finch in either Les Vosges, France, or across the border in Germany in June (so I can drive from England). Does anyone know the best or most reliable places? I have found online (Ornitho.de, eBird etc) that Feldberg seems the best place … any more information would be fantastic.

Cheers

Yes, I think Feldberg is the best bet. I've never seen them in the Vosges, but they also occure there I think.
If you add 2h of driving, you are in Alps, where they are easy.

http://www.birdinggermany.de/zitronengirlitz.htm

"Im Schwarzwald (Baden Württemberg) gibt es zwei Verbreitungsschwerpunkte (Hölzinger 1997):

- Das Feldbergmassiv im Südschwarzwald (rund 450 Paare; Dorka 1986) mit den radial von ihm ausstrahlenden Höhenzügen oberhalb 1000 m NN

- Im Nordschwarzwald (rund 350 Paare; Dorka 1986) die Höhenzüge westlich und östlich der Murg oberhalb 800 m NN"

Feldberg over 1.000 m about 450 breeding pairs.
In norh Schwarzwald west and ist of Murg over 800 m about 350 breeding pairs.

and

"Ein besonders gutes Gebiet im Nordschwarzwald sind die Gipfellagen folgender Bergkette nordwestlich von Freudenstadt (Aufzählung von Nord nach Süd): Hornisgrinde/Katzenkopf (rund 16 Reviere auf 40 ha), die südlichen Gipfellagen des Altsteiger Kopfes (rund 16 Reviere auf 80 ha), der Vogelskopf sowie der Schliffkopf. Das Gebiet erstreckt sich 10 km in Nord-Süd-Richtung und ist durchschnittlich 2 km breit. Auch die nach Osten flacher verlaufenden Flankenkämme sind besiedelt (Hölzinger 1997).

Am Schliffkopf soll der Wanderweg gleich hinter dem Hotel ein sicheres Gebiet für den Zitronengirlitz sein. Hier kann man auch Kolkraben und Ringdrosseln beobachten. "

A very good area in north Schwarzwald are peaks north of Freundenstadt like Hornisgrinde/Katzenkopf ( about 16 pairs at 40 ha), south peak areas of Altsteiger Kopf (about 16 pairs at 80 ha), Vogelskopf and Schliffkopf.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back