• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thoughts on Pyser? (1 Viewer)

Sleeper

Having bought a pair of Pyser eagle 8x42 for my long suffering wife i am eager to find out others opinions of these bins. I have not found any reference on the site to these optics.

I won't view my opinion just yet as i would be interested in getting others thoughts.

Cost £199 ish

I have heard that they are excellent value - and looking at their specifications, they are wide, bright and sharp - just what your wife needs for spotting those rarities! Fully waterproofed, too - sounds like a bargain!

Thanks for your reply scampo but it looks as though nobody has experience of these optics. I was relying on some of you guys to give a few words-good or bad.

Sleeper said:
Having bought a pair of Pyser eagle 8x42 for my long suffering wife i am eager to find out others opinions of these bins. I have not found any reference on the site to these optics.

I won't view my opinion just yet as i would be interested in getting others thoughts.

Cost £199 ish

I am normally very wary of Bird Watching magazine reviews as they are too inconsistent and sometimes just plain weird, but they do provide a rough guide.

So FWIW, in the 2002 Bird Watching magazine group test the bins came out as very good. They thought they were excellent value for money (at £239 RRP) and had very good optics and build (compared with competing products in the same price range).

A lot of these mid-price bins are clones from one supplier and it seems that they all offer decent performance, esp. when compared with offerings from 10 years ago.

What do you think of them?

I have got to say they are amazingly good!! They are especially good for spec wearers.

both myself and father both have leica and we have both been amazed at the quality.

I would say to anyone wanting to spend around the £200 mark give them a go.

Sleeper said:

Cost £199 ish

I've had a pair of these for about 12 months now. They're lasting well, I normally ruin my binocs through using them in the rain, but these are waterproof and may last for some years!
I needed to set the eye cups at an intermediate setting but found they moved, so I used small elastic bands to position them at the optimum position.
Optically they're OK, I've seen better but at the price I'm not complaining!

Tony Usher
http://www.10X50.com

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back