• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone looking for a new Website? (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Just in case anyone is wondering why i have not posted in the Gallery ,or been on the forums this is one of the reasons why-but I will be back eventually.
My free website which was on Microsoft Office Live,is closing down at the end of the mth,so we had to find a new home,A friend was trying to find a freebie site,but most had very little storage space,he eventually locked my /his domain name into Freeorg,but looked too fiddly and if no hits for 1 mth account was deleted!!!.
But,having a nosey around the sites found "Freeola", www.freeola.com if you hit the link on my signature haverigg.net,at the bottom of the homepage there is a link to the Freeola site. For £3 a month(£10-98per quarter inc of VAT) one can have unlimited storage,unlimited Gallery space,I have 366 photos and 33 pages at the moment(all a bit muddled -still sorting from the old site!!!).They also have registered domain names on special offer,but when you have paid your 1st £10,within 1/hr you have your website up and running with a name.There is also a UK helpline,10per min,I have used it twice ,and was given the info needed ,very precisely and very quickly.
Just £3 per mth,I think is excellent value for unlimited space.
I just thought I would mention this,as I do know members are quite often looking for websites.The web builder is inc of the £3 ,everything is there to make the complete site,although there are extra web making bits that one can purchase.

Last edited:
Google Apps is free, and would appear to have 10GB storage space, unless I'm being a bit dumb. Anyone tried this? I'm thinking of moving mine from freewebs.

I was quite happy to pay just £3 per mth for a site I knew I could keep.'cos I am paying for the site.Also this Freeola site does ,free of charge ,promote ones site.Steve,just make sure you read the small print.

A Google site isn't go anywhere. We use Google for our school website, free and much better than the one we used to pay a fair amount of money for. However there is a slightly different app for education.

I was paying but now i have gone to weebly for,free you get unlimited pages ,unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage the only thing is files are limited to 5mb per file my pics are a lot less as i dont put full size pics on ,so not a problem if you want more pro is $3.00 a month .Easy to build web builder is included with lots of other stuff as well ,no adds unless you want them, am well pleased ,my old site will be shutting down at the end of the month.I am just swapping stuff over .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back