• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

35mm Camera Again (sorry) (1 Viewer)

Talon 1

Apologies because you have heard this all before but I am looking for a Good 35mm Camera (i dont mind a good secondhand one) .
Now what i mean by good to many of you is probably a bit basic but i am after to just take 'Good' pictures of birds without going the full hog with all the 'bells and whistles' (wish i could but finances and wife won't allow).

So this is going to sound cheap to many of you but i want a reasonable zoom etc etc.
My budget is about £300, Not alot i know but it will get me started and after that who knows?
Any ides at this end of the Market.
I can pick up the Nikon F55 28-100mm and 70mm-300mm zoom lense for about £200. Is this a reasonable starter camera. Or a Canon eds300x for £175.

Where is the cheapest place to get a SLR camera?

What do you think of above.Or is there something better in that Bracket.
Sorry!

Dave

Wot camera

Hi Free,
For that price why not get something like an Olympus compact UZ digital camera. They take great photos, have a long lens AND you won't have to keep spending money on film!
If you really want a film camera the Pentax MZ type with a Tamron 300mm Zoom will give you very good results!
Actually most of the main SLR makes are pretty good. Having a fast winder is useful as is a centre weighted focus for wildlife photography.
There are loads of good second hand film cameras around - see the AP magazine each week that is full of adverts for SH equipment.

Cheers,

Mike

I have the offer of a Nikon F80 for £100 ! Ok its not digital but will it do for close shots and air shots? Garden birds and the odd bird of prey is all i need it for.

Free said:
I have the offer of a Nikon F80 for £100 ! Ok its not digital but will it do for close shots and air shots? Garden birds and the odd bird of prey is all i need it for.
I've had the F80 (N80 for N. American members), nice camera with funny looking menu on the top. It's AF circuitry is still used in some dslr's. Pity I've just got rid of my 70-300mm ED lens, it was quite a nice match with the F80. Have fun with it.
Cheers,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
I've had the F80 (N80 for N. American members), nice camera with funny looking menu on the top. It's AF circuitry is still used in some dslr's. Pity I've just got rid of my 70-300mm ED lens, it was quite a nice match with the F80. Have fun with it.
Cheers,
Andy

Andy,

I want to take some good Ariel shots, Just taking off and that sort of thing. Is the F80 capable of this?

Free said:
Andy,

I want to take some good Ariel shots, Just taking off and that sort of thing. Is the F80 capable of this?
TV aerials? ;)
It should cope with gulls and raptors gliding around, much of it is down to technique rather than equipment.
cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back