• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No Wrens this Year? (1 Viewer)

On my rather regular (slow) daily jogging tour I used to hear and see lots of wrens this time of the year.
This year, however, none, or, occasionally one. I would be interested to know, if this is just a local problem or if other bird friends and watchers have had the same experience.

Have had three pairs nesting in different parts of the garden in each of the last 3 years. Have only a solitary bird at the moment, but there are fields, hedges and woods around so I still see and hear them, just not in the garden as much.
In November we did have a huge (once in 5 years) trimming of trees and shrubs, so lets see what happens later.
H

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back