• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Dakota (1 Viewer)

grdnfn

I am new to birding I know only of Kelly's Slough (mostly ducks), Lake Alice NWR, and just around the local area, my favorite bird to photo is the chickadee

I've never visited North Dakota -- although I'd LOVE to! -- but I think it has the largest number of national wildlife refuges of any state in the union. That alone tells me that birding North Dakota would be very special. I know the grassland and waterfowl birding can be marvelous.

My wife was born and raised in ND, Southeast part of the state, about 60 miles from Jamestown. I visited there often in the early years of or marriage when we were living in Minnesota and Michigan. I recall abundant birdlife around the sloughs. I think you will find much more to look at than you now imagine. It's what happens when you find potographing chickadees fun. I'll check out your gallery. Any Chickadees?

Hey I'm originally from the NE corner of SD. 90 miles S of Fargo. Sisseton. Ever heard of it?

Pjs
Hi from Sioux Falls. I have some good friends that have cabins on Red Iron just west of Sisseton, so I get there pretty often. I would presume that being a birder from that area you are familiar with one of my favorite places to bird, Sica Hollow?

Born in Grand Forks - Left when I was 5 and have been back many many times. Uncle had a farm in Manvel.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back