• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Antivirus (1 Viewer)

Jos Stratford

Eastern Exile
Staff member
United Kingdom
Had Norman (not Norton) on my computer for the last year and not seemed to be a problem. However the antivirus turned itself off today and I could not get it to turn back on. Decided to uninstall and install AVG - however a few minutes through the installation, the computer said 'Internet Exporer cannot download.... The connection with the server was reset ', tried again with the same result. Then tried Avira AntiVir, same result.

So now have no antivirus running, anybody know why my computer might be refusing to install an anti-virus. Firewall is turned on if that's relevant.

If you`re having no problems in downloading anything else, except AV programmes, then it`s possible your system is infected.

I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back