• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A stupid question?? (1 Viewer)

swamp_rattler

Hello all,
I was just wondering if there was any possible way of digiscoping, using the Panasonic FZ50 with the Zeiss Diascope 85, zoom eyepiece. I had to sell my Nikon 4500 to buy the FZ50, and am wondering if I can still digiscope.

Thanks!

I've been looking into digiscoping with my FZ50 as well, but there's very little information available on the subject - I assume partially because the camera is so new, and because the large lens makes it a less-than-perfect choice for adapting to a spotting scope.

I'm planning to do some experimenting over the next few months and try a few different things. If I find a workable combination for the FZ50 I'll be sure to post it here.

swamp_rattler said:
Hello all,
I was just wondering if there was any possible way of digiscoping, using the Panasonic FZ50 with the Zeiss Diascope 85, zoom eyepiece. I had to sell my Nikon 4500 to buy the FZ50, and am wondering if I can still digiscope.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, Norm. As I understand it, the lenses and configuration of the FZ30 and the FZ50 are pretty much identical - the only major differences being in the sensor and some of the electronics. So I would guess that anything you read about digiscoping with an FZ30 would probably also apply to the FZ50.

Hopefully. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back