• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon's new 14x32 IS (1 Viewer)

Peter,

These new eye cups are very similar to the ones on my 15x50’s that were an issue for me as well for the same reasons. In another thread on here I posted this photo of mine after I had cut off the offending ‘rings’. They are so much more flexible and comfortable to use. I used a small pair of curved nail scissors and slowly cut around at the crease to remove the wide ring. I did order a spare pair of eye cups from Canon should I ever sell my IS binoculars or need to replace them.

Doug....

Attachments

• E96FCFCD-6614-4E95-9D7E-30A6E9DDD24F.jpg
    E96FCFCD-6614-4E95-9D7E-30A6E9DDD24F.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 50
Peter,

These new eye cups are very similar to the ones on my 15x50’s that were an issue for me as well for the same reasons. In another thread on here I posted this photo of mine after I had cut off the offending ‘rings’. They are so much more flexible and comfortable to use. I used a small pair of curved nail scissors and slowly cut around at the crease to remove the wide ring. I did order a spare pair of eye cups from Canon should I ever sell my IS binoculars or need to replace them.

Doug....

Thanks, Doug, you've done a fantastic job. The trimmed eyecups look much better, what is their diam? If it is around 43mm they should be quite comfortable. ///Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, they are now 43mm to outside edges. Can’t find the rings I cut off but they probably made the cups about 48mm+\- in diameter.

Doug.....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back