• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Song Thrush or Mistle Thrush? (Sweden) (1 Viewer)

Steglits

Duck Nerd
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone could help me positively identify this bird I saw today. Sorry about the picture quality, the sun was not cooperating and the bird only landed there for a few seconds before flying off.

Is it a Song Thrush or a Mistle Thrush?

Attachments

• UnknownThrush.jpg
    UnknownThrush.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 172
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone could help me positively identify this bird I saw today. Sorry about the picture quality, the sun was not cooperating and the bird only landed there for a few seconds before flying off.

Is it a Song Thrush or a Mistle Thrush?

Hi This is a Mistle Thrush.

There are a few tell tale id features however the easiest one is the breast markings are "arrow like" on a Song Thrush. If you google song thrush you will see what I mean.

Dave

Last edited:
Ohh! I absolutely see what you mean with the arrows on the Song Thrush, I had not noticed that difference. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back