• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Faster way to change custom modes? (TZ80) (1 Viewer)

pshute

Australia
In Custom mode, my TZ80 lets me choose from three custom settings, C1 to C3. I assume a lot of other Panasonics are similar? I use C1 for stationary birds (tiny AF area) and C2 and C3 for settings I'm experimenting with for birds in flight.

To switch modes, I have to press the Menu button, then scroll to the setting I want. Doesn't seem like much, but it takes time and is distracting. Is there a quicker way?

In some Pana cameras there are C choices on the program wheel. I do not know your model so cannot say if that option is available there

Niels

To switch modes, I have to press the Menu button, then scroll to the setting I want.

Today I discovered a quicker way that's easier to do by feel. I press and hold the Menu button with my (right) thumb (brings up the C1,C2,C3 menu), and while holding it down, also press the right side of the wheel either once or twice so it's on the custom setting I want, then let go and press Menu again to select it.

I could also press the left side of the wheel to move the selection left, but find it hard to keep the Menu button held down, so I have to move right twice instead.

Don't know how many other Panasonic models this procedure applies to.

I press and hold the Menu button with my (right) thumb (brings up the C1,C2,C3 menu), and while holding it down, also press the right side of the wheel either once or twice

Not sure why I thought it was necessary to hold down the menu button. It's just Menu-Right-[Right-]Menu. Not sure why I ever thought I had to turn the wheel. Maybe because pressing Left doesn't work if you're on C1 - only Right will cycle continuously through the options.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back