• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Most Beautiful Sounding Birdsong in the World :) (1 Viewer)

From those I've heard in the field, I'm always amazed by Icterine and Marsh Warbler, incredible what they can produce

I don't have any sound clips, but hundreds of singing Calandra Larks in early June in the morning in south-central Turkey on a sunny windless day just stopped me in my tracks...
MJB

Same here! My experiences with Calandra Larks singing in masse were in Portugal. Its quite important you say in high spring and a windless day. If one is lucky enough to get in the right position so that their song can fill one's eardrums so to speak, its overwhelming. I was so absorbed by this both frenzied but inventive and incredibly varied sound, I just thought; right that's it, I need no more from life and lay down with my ears to the sky happy as a boy on a swing. Unfortunately experiences of this nature are not common for me! Much as I adore Skylark, Calandra is simply an amazing song ;)

Another song that "really got me" was Red-rumped Wheatear in south Morocco - I had camped out on a roll mat with no tent and was woken by their pre-dawn song. Birds all around me singing by first proper light and at close range. Highly recommend song to hear well!

The song I most want to hear, of European birds I do not know is River Warbler.

But hearing one in real life at close range is going to do it for me, I just know - but then I do have a soft spot for bizarre, machine-like overtones - maybe because I was brought up in Manchester in the late 70s early 80s ;) I go bendy enough watching Savi's and Grasshoppers singing - so seeing a River with its mouth open producing that sound would finish me off I reckon.

I'd love to hear a Lyrebird that had been exposed to all the songsters on this thread, and see what sort of wonderful pitch perfect composition it would come up with !

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...3679&id=105735272820062&anchor_composer=false Chosun :gh:

In 2011 in NSW, we heard one imitate a Trimphone, something that hasn't existed for decades, implying that the sound had been passed through many generations of Superb Lyrebirds, each generation mimicking the earlier one flawlessly...:eek!:
MJB

In 2011 in NSW, we heard one imitate a Trimphone, something that hasn't existed for decades, implying that the sound had been passed through many generations of Superb Lyrebirds, each generation mimicking the earlier one flawlessly...:eek!:
MJB

Must admit, not quite my era, and I had to look that one up ! :-O
Absolutely amazing creatures ! .:t:

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back