Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Any way to Oak Hammock Marsh without own car?

Old Monday 4th September 2017, 00:47   #1
aenckli

Any way to Oak Hammock Marsh without own car?

I will visit Winnipeg in early November for 3 days. I want to go to Oak Hammock Marsh for birding during my visit, but I do not drive. Is there any way to there without taking taxi? Thanks.
Old Monday 4th September 2017, 09:54   #2
andyadcock

From Trip Advisor

'Oak Hammock Marsh is 30 km north of the city of Winnipeg. There is no public transport'

A
Old Monday 4th September 2017, 17:21   #3
JWN Andrewes
Poor Judge of Pasta.

And although it's nearly twenty years since I was there if memory serves you could do with a car just to get around the place, it's huge!
Old Monday 4th September 2017, 19:29   #4
Fiscalshrike

When looking to bird while away, I like to check what the local bird group is doing. Some are open to visitors attending their outings. I see there is still a fair amount of birds in November, but earlier would be better than later - at least by the eBird statistics. There also seems to be some good birding with similar species in the city. Here is a link to one of the in town birding areas with some external links. See whether some of them have activities during your visit time, or email them for some suggestion. https://www.fortwhyte.org/learn/birding/
Unfortunately birdingpal website seems to not be well maintained these days. One doesn't know whether emails get to the recipient.
Old Tuesday 5th September 2017, 05:14   #5
aenckli

In the 3 days, I planned to go to FortWhyte Alive and Assiniboine while in town. I also like to go Oak Hammock Marsh because it is a hot spot. If it is not possible to go without car, I may then have to give up. I contacted a birdingpal, but it is too much to me. Anyway, I think that it is still good experience to do birding in town.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: