• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any way to Oak Hammock Marsh without own car? (1 Viewer)

aenckli

I will visit Winnipeg in early November for 3 days. I want to go to Oak Hammock Marsh for birding during my visit, but I do not drive. Is there any way to there without taking taxi? Thanks.

And although it's nearly twenty years since I was there if memory serves you could do with a car just to get around the place, it's huge!

When looking to bird while away, I like to check what the local bird group is doing. Some are open to visitors attending their outings. I see there is still a fair amount of birds in November, but earlier would be better than later - at least by the eBird statistics. There also seems to be some good birding with similar species in the city. Here is a link to one of the in town birding areas with some external links. See whether some of them have activities during your visit time, or email them for some suggestion. https://www.fortwhyte.org/learn/birding/
Unfortunately birdingpal website seems to not be well maintained these days. One doesn't know whether emails get to the recipient.

In the 3 days, I planned to go to FortWhyte Alive and Assiniboine while in town. I also like to go Oak Hammock Marsh because it is a hot spot. If it is not possible to go without car, I may then have to give up. I contacted a birdingpal, but it is too much to me. Anyway, I think that it is still good experience to do birding in town.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back