• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Super fast tits (1 Viewer)

kyciek

Look a super fast great tits in my local forest.

They a alert birds, but only in forest, in city they spend many time in my bird feeder.

But in forest they are very wild and spend only 2-4 second and fly away.

You can see it below on my non-profit youtube channel about nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFqxWPYPqfg

Krzysztof

Cool video. The great tits in our yard act similar--they grab a seed, then fly off to peck it open and eat it, then return. Usually they only fly a couple of feet away though.

We're lucky to be right on the edge of the forest in Bydgoszcz, so we get a good variety of birds in the yard.

I have the same bird table Krzysztof :) I hang suet balls from the metal 'stick' in the middle part. It stops the bigger birds from flying away with them and brings in more birds and for longer, because the balls last quite a long time. Lidl are good for bird food this time of year. :)

Which side of Bydgoszcz are you Andy? We are to the North, in Tryszczyn, on the way to Korownowo. We live near the forest and the river so also get a nice variety of birds in the garden or passing through :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back