• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightings info (1 Viewer)

pandachris

Hi

I've not been to Norfolk for a while so haven't been on this forum often. I'm coming for a few days next week. I'm not especially interested in rarities but there are a few birds that we don't see much in Shropshire that I would quite like to catch up with. Is there anywhere on-line where info about sightings is shared? Twitter etc.? I just used to look at the regular threads here but there doesn't seem to have been much activity recently.

Cheers

Chris

Hi

I've not been to Norfolk for a while so haven't been on this forum often. I'm coming for a few days next week. I'm not especially interested in rarities but there are a few birds that we don't see much in Shropshire that I would quite like to catch up with. Is there anywhere on-line where info about sightings is shared? Twitter etc.? I just used to look at the regular threads here but there doesn't seem to have been much activity recently.

Cheers

Chris

I would visit Cley & Titchwell reserves. They will both have a board with recent sightings shown. Penny Clarke's blog is an up-to-date reference too.

Thanks both. I'll certainly be visiting both Cley and Titchwell. I shared an hour or more of visible migration watching in Hunstanton with Penny some years ago (the year when there were thousands of Jays arriving over a few days) so I'll revisit her blog.

Most information is on Twitter nowadays, but that doesn't necessarily help someone visiting the county who won't follow 100+ local birders. Penny's blog has the sightings from RBA on - if you want to see something specific that isn't rare enough to make it onto the bird information services then ask here and hopefully someone will have a site for it.

Hi

Cheers

Chris

Thanks James. I was hoping for some sort of digest like @birdcentralpark, one of the reasons we didn't get to Norfolk last autumn, but the blog etc. will do nicely. My intention is to do three days of birding. If I can see a King Eider or a Parrot Crossbill (tomorrow's first target) then so much the better, but I'll be pleased with some of the regular species and a pint or two in the evening.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back