• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collimate your Nikon Ventuer II (1 Viewer)

dougcee

Collimate your Nikon Venturer II

My first post, hope this helps someone. My second set of these arrived with nice, clear images--out of collimation. Mine are the 8x23 6.3 deg.

So after almost giving up found the solution with ease.
I removed the brown leather grain covering from the left tube. Comes off with a little effort. With the cover off, a tiny hole with a slotted screw at the bottom becomes visible, in line with the left eyepiece. Adjust left or right in tiny increments--problem solved.

If you're careful the covering can be re-used. |:p|

Last edited:
My first post, hope this helps someone. My second set of these arrived with nice, clear images--out of collimation. Mine are the 8x23 6.3 deg.

So after almost giving up found the solution with ease.
I removed the brown leather grain covering from the left tube. Comes off with a little effort. With the cover off, a tiny hole with a slotted screw at the bottom becomes visible, in line with the left eyepiece. Adjust left or right in tiny increments--problem solved.

If you're careful the covering can be re-used. |:p|

Although it MAY perform as good as 3-axis collimation--and is the information found all over the Internet--you have most likely performed a Conditional Alignment job, only.

If they work for you, that's all that really matters. I just wanted to offer a heads-up.

Cheers, and welcome aboard! :cat:

Bill

A simplified method of collimation is described in this article, particularly in section 4.1:

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back