• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Partridges sp. in dunes at Holkham (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Average Birder
Hello, I was wondering what species of Partridge I have seen at Holkham (a definite answer is impossible). On two occasions, I have seen a pair of Patridges quickyl fly away over a dune and failed to relocate them. I guess there is a 'default' Patridge sp. in the dunes at Holkham, can anybody have a guess?

Thanks,
Louis

Thanks for the help Steve. Guess I will keep looking out for those Grey Partridges then... Can anyone recommend a site for Grey Partridges in Norfolk?

Thanks,
Louis P

Thanks for the help Steve. Guess I will keep looking out for those Grey Partridges then... Can anyone recommend a site for Grey Partridges in Norfolk?

Thanks,
Louis P

The fields around the East Gate of Holkham Park or the track that runs south from Pinewoods Caravan Park to the coast road at Wells are both pretty reliable.

Thanks,
Louis P

The fields with rotational grass areas just south of Burnham Market are usually reliable...
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back