• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap Birding/photography Hide! (1 Viewer)

Hey All

Am after some camo netting (and possibly some camo clothes too, but they are available aywhere), any recommendations as to the best netting to get and where to obtain it..?

Thanks.

Hey All

Am after some camo netting (and possibly some camo clothes too, but they are available aywhere), any recommendations as to the best netting to get and where to obtain it..?

Thanks.
Hi,
I use Jack Pyke Camo gear great quality/prices and i think they sell the netting too? Checkout Ultimate Addons I think they sell the whole range is this correct Stevie?)
Cheers
Brian
Ps don't forget gloves and hat too as its amazing how they stand out in bright sunlight

I bought a new 6ft x 6ft x 6ft camo pop-up hide (which doubles as an astronomical observatory for me) for under £70 from Ebay. It has a built in floor so can even be used for camping out. Just search for seller 'popoutside'.

I bought a new 6ft x 6ft x 6ft camo pop-up hide (which doubles as an astronomical observatory for me) for under £70 from Ebay. It has a built in floor so can even be used for camping out. Just search for seller 'popoutside'.
Hi Martin - I can't see this item listed with them just now... only two popup tents...!!

Looks like someone bought the hide between me posting and you looking! I'm sure they'll be listing others.

In the meantime, have a look at their website here. There's a link to their YouTube demonstration video. It's of their observatory but it's identical in size/structure to the hide except the latter has side windows.

Hope this of interest to others too.

i have just ordered the g 10 from cabellas came to $79 all in

hide arrived yesterday had to pay £7c o d
so £47 all in

it comes in a rucksack style bag comes with guy rope and pegs

pops up in seconds folds away just as quick

looks promising

I bought a hide from e-bay 'Ultimateaddons' based around a folding canvas chair (with cup holder!) the camoflauged waterproof covering has 4 zipped openings which makes it very flexible - being lightweight it really is erected in seconds and very portable - I bought it at auction rather than the 'buy it now price' and saved a little bit - but I really would recommend it it, it is quite brilliant!!!

I personaly dont think a ground sheet is required for hides as using tripods, seats will eventually damage the sheet.
Seconded! Furthermore, I find that the ground is seldom so flat and clean (protruding rocks, roots, thorns etc) to be fit for a ground sheet; last, with no ground sheets you can also move the hide in any direction to suit your photographic needs

Would agree with gmax, i used the Camo-Tree Elite hide in different locations from by the riverside to up in the woods and found it much easier and more comfortable to without using a ground sheet.

Tesco are now selling - on-line at least - a carp fishing shelter that would make a very good dome hide but for a fraction of the cost at £24.99

Tesco are now selling - on-line at least - a carp fishing shelter that would make a very good dome hide but for a fraction of the cost at £24.99

Checking myself a similar carp fishing tent/bivvy/shelter, to be used for short sessions - price is sooo good (16€), but make sure its overall height is enough for you sitting comfortably on a stool - I mean to use mine with the back side facing onward (just have to cut a window in the nylon cover and cover it with mesh net). Will also have to cut away the ground sheet, leaving only a large stripe at the entrance to help the tent stay put

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back