• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Service (1 Viewer)

dries1

Just a bit of info regarding Meopta, specifically their service.

I purchased a 8X42 ser 153XXX new not too long ago, and it had a bit of delay in the focus wheel, well I followed the directions on their website and sent them in on 5/8/18.
Today I received a package from Meopta, glass is back. Upon opening the package there was a new Meopta box containing a 8X42 with ser # 180XXX. What great service, and the glass is perfect, focus with no delay.

I really like their optics, and IMO feel that from a build quality and optical stand point - in the mid price range, they are the best 8X42s out there, in fact I think they are better than mid range. I look forward to buying/using Meopta optics in the years to come.

By the way the 7X42 is a great glass also.

Regards,

Andy W.

Last edited:
i hope that was actually 8th may 2018? for a minute i thought you had sent them back 5th august last year but then thats UK for you where we correctly state day/month/year ... ;-)

Jape,

Thanks for the heads up, it should have been 2018 not 2017, now that would be different regarding service.
How is life?.

Andy W.

I have a different service experience with Meopta, I sent a binocular to them back in March.

Now after asking more than once, no response after leaving a phone message and 2 email messages.

So, I am a wondering about their service. Communication is very important in this business.

Jerry

That's not a good sign, Jerry, and I'm sorry your customer service with Meopta US is that bad. I had an eyecup problem, that was solved in a couple of emails to them, though I had to keep on top of it to make it happen. But at least they did answer me every time I wrote, and it was taken care of by sending me the part needed, not having to send them in for inspection, etc.

Who knows why sometimes emails and phone messages are ignored, or answered, but it certainly is frustrating to say the least, if you are waiting on an answer! Especially so if they have your binoculars!

Meopta should be better than that, since you did call, and email them too. Come to think of it, so did I, but following up in email, it was resolved, and my part was delivered to me before I knew it was coming. In an ideal world, my experience could have been better too, though I have no idea of the volume of calls and emails they have to handle, to be fair. Sometimes companies expect too much, and then the customer service suffers for the volume they are expected to answer, but it should never be that bad as your experience. Come on Meopta, you can do better than that!

There are just too many high quality optics companies competing for business today. They should be smarter than their no response to you! Did you check your spam mail for a response? But you called too, so that makes me think there is something wrong with their customer service, overall.

Too bad, because their optics are really great! But it certainly doesn't recommend them for any customer service awards, if you can't even get a reply!

Jerry, I would try calling again until you get a live, breathing person on the other end-that might help!

Last edited:
In UK, in February I purchased a new Meostar 12x50 HD ser.152XXX from an eBay seller in Spain at a very reasonable price so was not surprised to find some faults and that the catch on the case was broken. The seller had put the broken catch down to damage in the post but anyway the distributor Viking Arms Ltd, Summerbridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 4BW quickly provided a new case. The binoculars also seemed to have a bit of play in the focus wheel and the centre hinge was not tight enough.

I would not have bothered except that I liked them enough to try to get the other minor issues corrected; I gathered that the warranty for mfg. defects was transferrable, either for 30 years if registered upon purchase, or for 10 years if not, so on 02.04.2018 I sent them to Viking to request repairs, and just as promised there was no bother at all over whether they had really been new when I got them etc.

It did take nearly three months but today I received a replacement ser. 180XXX, brand new and with all accessories. This one is perfect and gives an equally superb image so I am thrilled again by the wonderful textures and details which these binoculars provide, whether close or far. Of course I am also very pleased with the fuss free and unstinting service!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back