• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Sahara 3 (1 Viewer)

monkir

Problem Larks ? Dunn's, Desert, Thekla or Maghreb

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2843.jpg
    IMG_2843.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 68
I'd say Desert for the first three (not seen Dunn's, but the bill looks too small, and the pp too long). Could be Bar-tailed, but the tail looks to have quite a wide diffuse dark tip from what little can be seen.

Last two Thekla, (curved lower mandible)

Not an expert by any means so wait further comment before tagging them!

Mick

I think all the first three are Bar-tailed Lark.

Certainly going by the small dainty bill and the rufous tertials I'd agree Andrew, I was just concerned about what looks to be quite a broad dark diffuse tail band. Seen many more Desert than Bar-tailed mind you!

Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back