• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 8 x42: BGA Classic v BGA WP.PC.AG.N (1 Viewer)

mallingbirder

I purchased a pair of Opticron BGA Classics about 6 years ago - I was more than happy with them until I lost the last weekend! I've seen a pair of BGA WP.PC.AG for sale locally and wondered if they were one and the same as the classic, and if not what the differences between them was? If they are different would anyone judge them to be significantly inferior to the classics?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Hi,

I think the Classics are the more recent model and are an upgrade of the BGA WPPCAgs.The Classics have Oasis coatings and the BGA WP.....s do not.
I have the 7x36 BGA Classics. I have directly compared them to the BGAWP.....7x36s. The Classics are a lot brighter and to my eye sharper and with a slightly bigger. sweetspot. They're nice bins.
I've never tried the 8x models though.

Thanks BoogieShrew

I couldn't fault the BGA Classics - shame I left them somewhere! Tight of money to replace them, and age old story, seen some BGA WPs advertised for £75, but the cheapest pair of BGA classics for £200 - just wondering if the difference in price justifies the quality. Mmmmmm.

Adam

Cheers BoogieShrew

Plumped for the WP PC AG - got some cracking views of a Pallid and male Hen Harrier the same day, and to be honest haven't noticed much difference between them and the BGA Classics, even under poor light conditions. £75 - what a bargain!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back