• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CameraKing online shop (UK) (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

Hi all,

Don't normally go in for this sort of thing but I just wanted to tell other birders/photographers about the excellent prices and the service I received from this company (www.cameraking.co.uk) recently. The company does not seem to figure in the price charts on camerapricebuster so I thought I'd give people a 'heads up' on them.

I wanted a Manfrotto carbon tripod and they had the lowest UK price (except for a well-known company with a bad reputation which was out of stock anyway). I was a bit dubious as I had not heard of cameraking but I went ahead as the price was so good and the few reviews I could find seemed OK.

On the website you can choose various deliver options, including next day, but I went for standard delivery 3-5 days. I ordered the tripod at about mid-day last Monday for delivery to my work address and it was delivered the next day anyway. Great I though! But unfortunately on opejing it I found there was a grub screw missing from the head plate, (which I have heard of happening before with Manfrotto tripods) so I emailed CameraKing. They replied within a few hours saying they'd been in touch with Manfrotto who were sending a set of grub screws directly to me. Lo and behold they arrived the next day!

So my experience has been really good - the best UK price, and fantastic service to correct a mistake which was not of their making. Do check them out if you are buying any photography gear (and I'm not a company director or shareholder I promise you!).

Cheers
Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back