• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

27 or 37 X magnification (1 Viewer)

Why not get both? I have a PF80 and an XW20, expensive. I also have a 15mm BST starguider.
Only £49, not the widest fov, but pin sharp and at £49, highly recommended.

Again thank you all for your posts👍
As well as buying the Pentax xw 20
I also sent off for one of the 15mm bst starguider and am amazed at the quality view through this eye piece for its price

"I also sent off for one of the 15mm bst starguider and am amazed at the quality view through this eye piece for its price[/QUOTE]

Glad you like it:t:

Would a 8mm ep be too strong a magnification for the 80 scope???

Most zoom eyepieces are 8-24mm. So, if your scope performs acceptably with the zoom at maximum magnification, it should be as good or better with a decent 8mm eyepiece.

Most zoom eyepieces are 8-24mm. So, if your scope performs acceptably with the zoom at maximum magnification, it should be as good or better with a decent 8mm eyepiece.[/QUOTE]

I bought an 8 mm bst eyepiece and as you advised it is fine.
Better than the zoom EPs I have at that magnification.👍😁

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back