• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

western France Guerande Slavonian grebe ? (1 Viewer)

Hi
is this a Slavonian Grebe (Podiceps auritus)

the grey collar ...

or Black-necked Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis)

but we couldn't see the whitish tip to the bill

thanks

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
hi everyone

well you see why I posted the photo...

thanks
BM

3:) You may know of this resource already BM, but it helps you see what’s about in your part of France currently ( both Slavonian and Black necked Grebes of course;)) Click on ‘les galeries’ down the menu on the left of the home page and choose the species’ photos recently added.
Hope this helps!

3:) You may know of this resource already BM, but it helps you see what’s about in your part of France currently ( both Slavonian and Black necked Grebes of course;)) Click on ‘les galeries’ down the menu on the left of the home page and choose the species’ photos recently added.
Hope this helps!

Hi Richard

for Willy Raitière of the local "LPO" its a bng so ...

did I miss the link to the site ? https://www.faune-france.org/ ?

i am pretty much permanently in this part of France
except for Val d'Isere in march :)

and as the great LC said

And he spent a long time watching
From his lonely wooden tower
And when he knew for certain...

cheers

Vincent

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back