Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kite KSP80HD

Old Sunday 15th September 2019, 10:55   #1
Ries

Kite KSP80HD

I found some threads here on the earlier SP82ED while this KSP seems to have been around since 2010 at least.

Manufacturer's page with specs: https://kiteoptics.com/en/nature/product/40/ksp-80-hd/

package with the 25-50w

I stumbled upon these due to a scope comparison (pdf) by BF member Gijs van Ginkel, here in English version pdf, where it did very very well amongst alpha scopes like Swaro ATM80hd, Nikon EDG, Leica and Kowa 883 (which fared less than usual).

So I'm wondering if BF users have experienced this scope, if it's really that good.

And how does it compare to the more affordable SP 82 ED?

Last edited by Ries : Sunday 15th September 2019 at 11:52.
Old Tuesday 17th September 2019, 20:37   #2
henry link

I haven't seen the Kite KSP80HD, but it appears to be nearly if not totally identical to the Brunton ICON scope I reviewed here. The new Vortex Razor and Maven scopes also appear to use the same basic Kamakura design as the Kite/Brunton scopes. I also reviewed the Zeiss Gavia, which appears to be at least a close relative of this group.

Neither the Brunton nor the Zeiss comes very close to the optical quality of the Nikon Monarch I reviewed. The Nikon compares favorably to the very best of the Alpha class scopes.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: