Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Bushnell Legend HD 80 - new eyepiece?

Old Monday 18th November 2019, 20:38   #1
JanD

Bushnell Legend HD 80 - new eyepiece?

Dear community,

Is it possible to change the Bushnell Legend HD 80 eyepiece? I have a couple of nice eyepieces which I use with my Dobsonian and I have the feeling that those could improve the view through the Bushnell.

It looks like the original zoom eyepiece is attached with a compression ring. There are three grub screws, but those are sealed with some kind of glue. Before I start tinkering around, did anyone try that already and can confirm that 1.25" eyepieces fit and that the focus will be reached?

Thank you so much,
Jan
Old Saturday 23rd November 2019, 16:15   #2
mayoayo

Hi there..Removing the eyepiece could open the body and loose the nitrogen ,,,you could do the whole operations inside a clear trash bag(unused,please)...Do not open the bag,just enough to fit the scope inside,and seal the bag with tape...now you have a dust and air free chamber to work...Do it well and see what you find..changing the eyepiece could really improve performance ...I fitted a Baader zoom to my kowa 823 and I am very happy, ?.Today i got a report from a user that did the same after reading my review,and was raving about it..If you could fit that eyepiece to your Legend ED,you might end with a combo worth to use for years,with a very good performance...
Regards
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: