• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2016 List Going? (1 Viewer)

83 Garganey
84 Common Chiffchaff
85 Grey Wagtail
86 Bluethroat

At the Steinhorster Becken, Germany 26 March

Last edited:
Early spring migrants are trickling in, but one by one, it seems. Can't wait until migration really hits, when it will be possible to see ten to 15 new birds in one day.

118. Savannah Sparrow

Dave

One new spring migrant today, so I'm now up to 119.

119. Brown Thrasher

The bird must have arrived overnight, because yesterday I worked hard to find one in a good location for this species, even playing a recording of its song, but didn't have any luck finding one. Today it popped right up.

Dave

I always have trouble with Vesper and one I had to remove because, coming home, it was plainly wrong.

One today for my life NE list, 129

128 yellow-bellied sapsucker
129 Baird’s sandpiper

87 White-throated Dipper x 3

Between Marienloh and Bad Lippspringe on the Lippe, Germany 1 April

Last edited:
This morning I saw two unexpected early migrants, so I'm now up to 121.

120. Louisiana Waterthrush
121. Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

Dave

Today was a day of swallows. Both of today's additions to my Year List were swallows.

122. Northern Rough-winged Swallow
123. Barn Swallow

In addition to the swallows listed above, I also saw Tree Swallow, which was not a new bird for the year.

Dave

My run on swallows continues today with my third new swallow in two days.

124. Purple Martin

This is despite the fact that a cold front brought gale-force winds yesterday afternoon that continued through the night and left an inch of snow on the ground by morning. I always thought of Purple Martins as birds of the warm days of spring and summer. I managed to get a picture of one of the birds flying low over a snow-covered field. (By the way, the snow is now mostly gone).

Dave

5 hours of work and just 3 lousy birds for 2016 |:D|
136 whooping crane
137 common loon
138 orange-crowned warbler

At various venues around Chillicothe, Missouri (April 2, 2016)
97. Barred Owl
98. Loggerhead Shrike
99. Chipping Sparrow
Back home in St. Joseph, Missouri
100. Brown Thrasher

took out my previous 138, though it may have been right
I deleted it from eBird so I want it to match here
138 ruby-crowned kinglet
139 field sparrow
140 purple martin

This morning on my way to work I stopped by a farm pond which is often productive. It was today, giving me an unexpected early migrant that was about a month earlier than normal.

125. Least Sandpiper

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back