Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon D7500 Package. Is it a good deal?

Old Friday 17th July 2020, 20:22   #1
Chicken Nugget
"You only live once". No, you don't. You live everyday, you just die once
BF Supporter 2020

Nikon D7500 Package. Is it a good deal?

I've spent the last month looking for an upgrade for birding from my D3300 with the AF-S DX VR 55-200mm kit I bought a couple years ago. My brain cant handle anymore research. I need more reach but am not ready for a 400mm+ lens yet. The kit i'll list below is $1199 vs $899 for the body only. It doesn't seem like I can really afford a great 55-300 (sub $400-$500). My thoughts are this kit will get me going with an upgraded body that will last me for years, a little more reach, and buy me some time to really save up and figure out what my next lens will be. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting the $1200.

My last post you guys mentioned used lens but I just don't know enough about what to look for in the off brands or second hand market.

kit is as follows:
The D7500 Dual Zoom Lens Kit consists of the D7500 DSLR along with two NIKKOR lenses, the compact and versatile AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and the far-reaching AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR lens. Both lenses feature Nikon’s Vibration Reduction image stabilization for sharp images. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with precision. Both lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) for ultra-fast, near silent autofocus. Also included is a Nikon camera bag to conveniently hold your camera gear.

Also are all memory card basically the same? I'm buying a new one and would like to get it correct the first time.

Once again thank you for all your info.

Last edited by Chicken Nugget : Friday 17th July 2020 at 20:42.

BF Supporter 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 18th July 2020, 02:09   #2
Chicken Nugget
BF Supporter 2020

Well I pulled the trigger and am out trying to learn Manual mode with my new D7500. Wish me luck.

Old Saturday 18th July 2020, 10:14   #3
Hermann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Nugget View Post
Well I pulled the trigger and am out trying to learn Manual mode with my new D7500. Wish me luck.
Have a look at Steve Perry's Youtube Channel. He has a review of the D7500 and lots of really useful tips for NIKON DSLRs. The one about the AF system of Nikon DSLRs for instance will help a lot.

Hermann
Old Sunday 19th July 2020, 00:19   #4
Chicken Nugget
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
Have a look at Steve Perry's Youtube Channel. He has a review of the D7500 and lots of really useful tips for NIKON DSLRs. The one about the AF system of Nikon DSLRs for instance will help a lot.

Hermann
Great info. I watched most of them. Thank you.

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: